Arsenal ‘told to increase Alexandre Lacazette offer’

Arsenal ‘told to increase Alexandre Lacazette offer’

According to Sky Sports, the France global duo are summer transfer targets for the north London club manager Arsene Wenger.

Speaking on Tuesday evening, Aulas told Canal Plus that the 26-year-old is likely to stay with the club for a ninth season.

Earlier this week, Aulus revealed that Atletico Madrid were prepared to pay in the region of 60m euros for the talented forward prior to their transfer ban and stressed that Arsenal would need to match that figure.

However, Jose Mourinho’s priority lies in signing Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid to strengthen the Red Devils’ attack.

Lacazette was expected to move to Atletico during the current window before Federation Internationale de Football Association upheld a transfer ban which prevents the Spanish club signing players for another six months. And, in a further blow for Gunners’ boss Arsene Wenger, Monaco have turned down Arsenal’s ¬£31m bid for France winger Lemar. And when asked whether Lacazette might join Atletico in January, Aulas added: “It’s possible”. The probable arrival of Monaco’s Tiemou√© Bakayoko to London rivals Chelsea means that the Ligue 1 champions are reluctant to part with two midfielders in such short order.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas admitted that he believes Lacazette will continue with his current employers beyond this summer. There is also speculation surrounding Benjamin Mendy, Fabinho and Kylian Mbappe.

Lacazette has been heavily linked with a move away from Lyon after scoring 127 goals in 274 appearance.