East London Mosque evacuated after bomb threat

East London Mosque evacuated after bomb threat

One person who had been receiving first aid before the attack, which occurred just after midnight prayers on Monday, died on the scene, but it is unclear at this time whether he died as a result of what took place.

In a statement, the police say they were called to the Seven Sisters Road by reports of collision with pedestrians.

Turkey on Monday condemned the latest terrorist attack outside a mosque in London that left one person dead and injured at least 10 others.

“He was saying “I wanna kill more people, I wanna kill more Muslims”, Aidroos told BBC TV.

She hailed the “bravery” of locals for detaining the driver at the scene in the north London district of Finsbury Park.

At the same time, police say the number of people presumed dead in a fire that ripped through an apartment block now stands at nearly 80.

Witness Abdulrahman Aidroos said he and his friends were tending to an old man who had suffered a heart attack when the van was driven at them.

“Over the past weeks and months, Muslims have endured many incidents of Islamophobia, and this is the most violent manifestation to date”, Mr Harun Khan, secretary-general of the council, said in a statement yesterday.

Mohammed Shafiq of the Ramadhan Foundation, a Muslim organization, said that based on eyewitness reports, it seems to be a “deliberate attack against innocent Muslims”.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said it was not yet clear whether the man who died at the scene was killed because of the attack.

“By God’s grace we managed to surround him and protect him from any harm”.

The van driver was detained by a crowd of witnesses, and held for 15 minutes until police arrived. Three Muslim extremists who carried out the attack were killed by police.

“High visible patrols, including armed officers, will continue to take place in high footfalls areas such as the city centres and around transport hubs as they have done since a year ago”.

Later, she visited Finsbury Park Mosque and met people from a variety of faiths. After the London Bridge attack, the mayor’s office reported a 40 per cent increase in racist incidents and a fivefold increase in anti-Muslim crime.

Hours after police called an attack on pedestrians outside a Finsbury Park mosque in north London an act of terrorism, the National Rifle Association’s news outlet, NRATV, attempted to cast doubt on that determination.