But tax authorities later found that some of the information presented in that settlement was incorrect, the prosecutors said.
Both Ronaldo and Mourinho are represented by Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes.
He also claimed he has not spoken with the player, who is representing Portugal at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation.
The hearing will take place on July 31 in a court at Pozuelo de Alarcón, in the suburbs of Madrid, according to Spanish press reports.
In a statement released on Tuesday, a prosecutor in Madrid said the Portuguese manager had committed two counts of tax fraud in 2011 and 2012, saying that “corporate structures were used by the accused in order to hide revenues generated from his image rights”.
Outraged at being unfairly treated by Spanish tax authorities, Ronaldo had earlier expressed his intentions to leave Real Madrid C.F. and Spain.
According to an article published by UK’s The Sun, Mourinho fell out with Ronaldo while he was the Real boiss, as he believed he was one of the high-profile players who had turned against him.
Jose Mourinho, meanwhile, has come out fighting in a row with the Spanish tax authorities, claiming he paid more than €26million (£23m) between 2010-2013.
However, it has also been said that the 32-year-old made his decision two months ago, with the latest drama surrounding him making him want to leave the Santiago Bernabeu even more.
While the club has backed Ronaldo already, the Madrid President, Florentino Perez has also stated that he will be talking to Ronaldo in the coming days to clear up the issue. “No offer has been received for him”. The AS report says Ronaldo “has felt comforted by Florentino’s defense”.
Perez confirmed that he meant to speak to Ronaldo in a bid to defuse his anger over his fraud charges, but it seems there is a viable option open to him if he is determined to make a move this summer. But the Portuguese International has denied these claims and hopes to prove he is right.